Thursday, January 22, 2015

BBQ Shredded Beef

Using honey chipotle barbecue sauce may be my new favorite thing for shredded beef. It adds a bit of heat, but not too much that I don't like it. I did cook the beef on high for about 4 hours and it was very tough where it really didn't get shredded, but I had to slice it instead.

I know I don't normally post specific brands in my ingredient listings. You can certainly trade them out, but Sweet Baby Ray's is the only way to go for shredded beef in my opinion!

BBQ Shredded Beef-adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Total Time: 5 hours
Serves 8

  • 3 pound beef chuck roast
  • Garlic salt and seasoned pepper to taste
  • 1-16 ounce bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce
  • 1 12-ounce can beer (I used Sierra Nevada Pale Ale)
  • 1-22 ounce bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Traditional BBQ Sauce
  • Rolls and cheese for serving
Rub the roast with garlic salt and seasoned pepper to taste. Place roast in a greased 5-quart slow cooker and cover with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.

Take out beef and shred or slice. Return to slow cooker and serve with rolls.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails