Monday, December 1, 2014

Rotel Chicken Casserole

I can't remember the last time I bought Velveeta. To me, it's like American cheese, I'd just rather not have it. Now I have quite the brick of it to use, but at least this casserole was pretty darn good to make up for it! I found a kind that had jalapenos mixed in and bought that for the extra kick, but you can use plain as well.

Add about 20 minutes to the cooking time if you also need to cook the rice.


Rotel Chicken Casserole-adapted from Cook'n is Fun
Total time: 30 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 tablespoons Velveeta with jalapenos
  • 2/3 cup plain yogurt
  • 10 ounce can Rotel
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2/3 cup cooked rice
  • 15 ounces kidney beans
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Mix together all ingredients except for shredded cheese. Top with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails