Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sugar-Grilled Steaks

This recipe was one of those that I was a bit hesitant to try. I mean, sugar....on steaks? Steak is one of my favorite foods so I'm always hesitant to try something new. Kind of like a 'If it's not broke, don't fix it' type mentality.

This was a wonderful new twist on steak that I'd definitely make again. The sugar glazed and almost tasted like a barbecue sauce to me.


Sugar-Grilled Steaks-adapated from Beer Can Chicken by Steven Raichlen
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 4 boneless strip steaks
  • Kosher salt and black pepper for seasoning
  • 3-4 tablespoons granulated sugar
Season the meat to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Use a bit more than normal to off-set the sweetness. Then rub in 1/2 tablespoon of sugar to each side of the steak.

Once a grill is heated, grill about 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 2 minutes before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails