Sunday, August 10, 2014

Trattoria Spaghetti

Scott just got home from his fraternity's alumni golf weekend. I had a pretty laid back weekend-a good friend, Julie had her bridal shower which was so cute! Great brunch (and sangria!) from Thunder Bay-I'd definitely recommend it for your next gathering!

The Sangria!

Super cute. I LOVE the tags :)

Flowers in Julie's wedding colors :)

A very sunny picture of Megan & I
 After the shower, I had a busy weekend of cleaning and organizing the apartment. I had been wanting to clean out our storage closet and spare bedroom forever. It seems as though we never truly unpacked in the spare room. Now it looks like a bedroom a bit more!

After all that this weekend, I just wanted to have a relaxing night once Scott got home. This meal takes about 20 minutes. It has a lot of veggies in it, and still a lot of flavor without a ton of fat for you. It's also meatless, which I'd like to try to do a few more times a week when possible! I changed up the recipe (which I put below) with what vegetables I have on hand. You can certainly add whatever you'd like to it!


Trattoria Spaghetti-adapted from 365 Last-Minute Meals by Better Homes and Gardens
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 9 ounces dry spaghetti
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced
  • 3 tomatoes, diced
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrot
  • 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs


Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain then return to pan or a large bowl.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushroom and pepper and stir for about a minute. Add in tomatoes and carrot. Cook, covered for about 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.

Add tomato mixture to pasta and mix thoroughly. Stir in feta cheese.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails