Sunday, August 10, 2014

Beef Stroganoff

I finally made a beef stroganoff recipe that didn't suck! The first few times I've tried since we moved back to the Milwaukee area (three years ago), they failed miserably. I thought this recipe had really great flavor! I think I'll use a true can of cream of mushroom soup next time. I've been using this mix, but I wanted it to be just a tad thicker! I served with potatoes, but you can serve with pasta too (I prefer egg noodles). I'm not sure where I got the recipe, so no credit, unfortunately.


Beef Stroganoff
Total Time: 7 hours
Serves 4

  • 1 1/2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3/4 cup beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 cup onion, diced
  • 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream
  • Pasta or potatoes for serving
Place all ingredients except pasta and potatoes in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is cooked through. Serve with pasta or potatoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails