Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kale Salad with Bleu Cheese

My work has been partnering with Growing Power to allow us as employees access to fresh produce every week. And it has been awesome. I've been getting kale almost every week, and this was the first recipe I tried. I received it from my aunt. The chef featured in the original link's video is someone she works with!

I absolutely LOVED the dressing and will definitely be making that again. I went a little heavy handed with the bleu cheese, but, what can I say? I love that stuff. I didn't toss the salad, so I was able to eat this for a few days afterwards with dressing on the side.


Kale Salad with Bleu Cheese-adapted from Kare 11
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons ground mustard
  • 4 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 small red onion, sliced
  • 1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
In a blender, combine cider vinegar, honey, salt, black pepper, olive oil and ground mustard. Blend on high for one minute. Refrigerate if not using immediately.

In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and toss to mix. If desired, toss in salad dressing, or serve on the side.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails