Upside Down Pizza-adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounce black olives, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 425. In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage with onion, mushrooms, black olives and garlic. Drain once meat is no longer pink and return to skillet. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, basil, fennel seed and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes.
Transfer meat mixture to an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan and stir in mozzarella and cream cheese. In a large bowl, beat together 1 cup flour, eggs, milk, olive oil, salt and Parmesan cheese until smooth.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.